Friday, September 24, 2010

Calendar Art

Here's something you don't know about me yet....I love shoes.  I mean, I really L-O-V-E shoes!

Last year I got a beautiful Page-A-Day calendar that treated me to a different image of an incredible shoe every day.  It was the best way to start my day.

shoe calendar, calendar crafts, calendar art


At the beginning of this year, I tried to reuse my calendar.  I thought that as long as I only paid attention to the number of the day and ignored what day of the week the calendar said it was that I could still enjoy it for another year.  Of course, it didn't take long for me to get confused and to start booking work meetings on the wrong days. 

So, in the drawer it went.  But I missed all the pretty shoes.  What to do???

Create some art...

I didn't take pics of every step but this is another one of those 'it's so simple it doesn't need a tutorial' projects.  I think you'll figure it out as we go along:

Here are the supplies I used:   
-small canvases
-acrylic paint and a sponge brush
-clear photo corners
-straight edge and rotary cutter or scissors
-calendar images



Steps:
1)Paint your canvases with the paint.  Don't forget about all of the sides.  Let dry.

2)Crop images to delete any dates and to fit on top of your canvas.






















3)Once dry, measure the centre of the canvas to determine placement of the image.

4)Place a photo corner on each corner of your image and pull off any backing.


5)Place image on canvas and press down photo corners.


6)Hang on wall and enjoy!  (I'm loving the 3M adhesive strips for placing light weight art on my walls)


Shoe Calendar as Art, DIY Art ideas, Shoe Art, calendar recycle, easy crafting, easy dIY, easy DIY art, dollar store art
Tah Dah!
I have this up in a funny little alcove in front of my basement door.  It's the perfect small space for this project.

If you have a really beautiful calendar like I do, you've got 365  images to choose from.  The fun part is, because you didn't glue down the actual image, now you can change out your calendar pics as often as you like!

For Christmas I'm going to pull out all of the pretty red shoes.  In summer I might use all of the sandals.


This line of calendars also does one for purses that I'd love to get my hands on.  A travel calendar would be awesome to use too!

What do you think?  Any ideas for other images you could use? Try it out and let me know how it looks in your home.

(This project will be posted throughout the week at the linky parties from the linky party tab above.  Check out the sites for more great ideas!)

 BetweenNapsonthePorch was my top referrer last week, so go visit Susan and
check out Metamorphosis Monday for other fab ideas from her linky party!


(The biggest linky party happens on Tuesdays over at todayscreativeblog.)

18 comments:

Chantal said...

I love shoes too. What a great idea : )

Etcetorize said...

Thanks for signing up as a follower Chantal!

. said...

What a fantastic idea!! And using something that might have been trashed otherwise. They look awesome!

Lindy said...

I love this idea and I love shoes! Great job!

Miss A said...

Love this! I have the same shoe calendar from 2007/08. I've been planning to do a diy with the images as well, but just haven't got around to it. This is inspiring me to get to it already :) Great blog!

www.creative-safari.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Karen

Debbiedoos said...

That is so cute...especially from one shoe lover to the next!!~ I have a before and after party coming up this Wed...I would love for you to join me.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Any shoe lover or fashionista would love this - very cute!

Beth said...

Cute idea, yours turned out great!

Sassy Sites! said...

Super cute! I found you at the Today's Creative Blog hop! Come by and visit me at Sassy Sites! We have a giveaway going on AND a header contest. Come by and check it out. xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

marissa with hadley lane said...

This is such a great idea! I love it and can't wait to try it!!

katskraps4kids said...

Oh wow- I love this idea! I don't see myself doing the shoes calendar but I could find any that has pics I like, huh?

This is SO clever! Thx...oh & I saw you on Its So Very Cheri, BTW. I saw your thumbnail there & had to click!!!

Envymycooking said...

come hop on over to our blog if you would ever like to be featured or just need new recipes

very cute idea

Unknown said...

what a great idea.Thanks 4 sharing

Kelley said...

I love it! Shoes are one of my weaknesses!
have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I am loving this. What a fabulous idea! I'd love to do this for my nieces! My days of wearing heels are long over - too many years as a dance teacher, I'm afraid. But I still love good style!

Would love for you to drop by tomorrow and link them up to Passion for Paint!

Angie Holden said...

So cute! :) Love that!

Amanda said...

I've put together a round up of great wall art ieas on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/25-awesome-wall-art-ideas/

If you would like a Craft Gossip badge showing you've been featured, you can grab one here :)
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...