I found these holiday type tops for next to nothing, and instead of wearing them for one or two nights this Christmas, I'm putting them on my couch for the whole season.
The gold one is a sort of velveteen and the reddish one is crushed velvet. I'm not sure how flattering these would be on anyway so I don't mind cutting them up~
These cushions require minimal sewing so they're easy to whip up, even for beginner sewers.
1) Lay your top out on a flat surface and cut straight across as shown below.
2) Turn your cut piece inside out and stitch along the bottom.
3) Turn your cover right side out and attach 4 pieces of ribbon to act as tie closures.
|This way you can easily take your cushion|
out and use without the cover after the holidays~
That's it! just a few stitches and your done.
The next cushion is a little different, but just as easy.
1) Again, lay your top out flat and cut straight across under the arms.
2) Same as before, turn your cover inside out and stitch along the straight edge bottom.
3) I wanted to take advantage of the curved hem (which is now the top of my cover). I put my cushion inside and simply folded it over the top and stitched on a beautiful button.
You can still take this off after the holidays with an easy snip of the thread holding the button on.
That's it! 2 holidays cushions for your guests to relax on in just minutes.
Look at that! They even go with my sequined Butterfly Cushion.
Confession time....how many holiday tops do you have in your closet that you never wear? Leave a comment below~