Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bookmarks

My nephew loves to read.  I mean her REALLY loves to read.  He's in Grade 2 and he's already made his way through almost all of the Harry Potter books.  Yes, those great big huge books, he can read them.  Needless to say, I'm quite proud of his abilities and want to encourage him to keep reading.

So, I made a few bookmarks to throw into his Easter gift bag.

Thanks to my Silhouette machine, it took me about 20 minutes to make all of these!

A couple of them flip up at the top so that he can tuck it right onto the page he's stopping at.


And because you can't give bookmarks without a book, I also bought him these books.


I don't really know what the latest craze is these days, but I'm pretty these books will be right up his alley.

Do you know what little boys like to read?  Leave a comment below.  His birthday is coming up this summer so it would be great to have some suggestions~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a basket filler. Does he have any of the Wimpy Kid books yet? My kid is a huge reader too and reads those over and over again.

Mindy said...

We're big readers around here, too! Our 8-year-old LOVES Magic Tree House, some of the abridged versions of a lot of classics (Call of the Wild, White Fang, Black Beauty, Pinocchio, etc.) By the Great Horn Spoon and Snow Treasure were really good ones. Owls in the Family was funny, and The Treasure of Pelican Cove. The Indian in the Cupboard and Sign of the Beaver were good also...clearly, I could go on all day! =) What a blessing that he loves to read! It will be good for him his WHOLE life!!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...