Friday, October 25, 2013

Easy Lace Cuffs

I told you the other day that lace cuffs have been on my 'to do' list for way too long, so I finally got to work...and finished this project in about 2 minutes flat!

DIY Lace Cuffs, Boot Socks, how to make lace cuffs

Here's what you need to make your own pretty cuffs:


Materials
-Wide stretch lace
-scissors
-standard sewing kit (sewing machine, thread)

Before we begin I should mention that I have very tiny wrists.  So, I'm not going to talk measurements.  Just make sure you have enough lace to wrap around one wrist twice (if you're making two cuffs) plus just a tiny bit more for your seam allowance.

1) Just cut your lace into two pieces that will comfortably fit around your wrist.


2)Sew the raw edges of each of your pieces together, creating two lace tubes.



That's it!  You're done.  So pointless, but so pretty!

This is pretty much the same project as the Lace Boot Socks we did last year but this is for all those ladies out there who said they can't wear boots or leggings or whatever.  This just adds a cute touch of femininity to all those bulky sweaters we end up wearing when the temperature drops.

Now before you ask....it doesn't matter how wide your elastic is, just do what's comfortable for you. And sorry but no, I don't know where you can find this lace in your town, because I probably live in a different country than you.  Just Google "elasticized lace", I promise you will get more than a few sources.

Have a crafty week everyone~

4 comments:

Таня said...


I liked the idea a lot! with your permission I will do and I such wonderful bags!

Jill said...

Very pretty and feminine Tamara! Love it!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

This is a beautiful idea, and you are right - it adds just a bit of feminine touch to those bulky sweaters we wear in the winter. I can't wait to make one now! Thank you

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

How beautiful! I am ALWAYS wearing long sleeve shirts. This is a great way to make it a little more cuter and fun to wear.

Alexandra
EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...