Monday, August 19, 2013

Easy Bookmarks

If you've taken to the habit of only reading e-books you may find today's quickie craft a little strange.  But for the rest of us who still love to feel the pages between our fingers, this one's for you.

DIY Bookmarks

I used my Silhouette to make these but they're so easy you could do them in the same amount of time with a pair of scissors or a craft knife.


Just cut out a shape similar to the one below and then decorate and embellish any way you like.
with measurements:
Use medium to heavy weight double sided paper for the best results.


I'll use just about anything to mark my page, even other books!  Most often I end up using a receipt or ticket or something else that's less than pretty.  I like these bookmarks much better~

Happy reading!

4 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I love to read, a good old fashioned, smells like paper, heavy in your hands book.

I also love to bust up my paper stash, so I probably need to make approximately 1,000,000 of these.

Pinning, and sharing on Planned in Pencil's facebook page today.

Donna Wilkes said...

I do love "real" books - the feel and the smell. And how would a tablet fit right over my nose to shield my eyes from the light so I could take a snooze while reading? Love these nifty little bookmarks. I am going to start adding them to book gifts.

Unknown said...

Cute bookmarks. I have an ereader but still buy a lot of books or go to the library. I don't like to read cookbooks or crochet-knitting books on the ereader. Also, I think I just like books better. I will have to try and make some of these.

Unknown said...

I read books, real books every day and I think your bookmarks are lovely!! I know e-readers are the new way to go but real paper books are just comforting to me. Please link-up this post at our rules free Blog Strut Link Party/blog hop, Thursdays at 5:00 PM PST. Our Blog Strut isn't your average blog hop, it offers many ways to promote and give exposure to your blog and posts. We pin all links, featured posts, as well as offer free co-host spots and button/logo redesign, plus free social network link ups. Join us and show what you’ve got!! http://www.mypersonalaccent.com/linkyparty/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...