Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inspiration Shot: Impressionism or Reality?

I've seen impressionist paintings that look very realistic (if you stare long enough to blur your vision and go just slightly cross-eyed), but until I visited Palette Town I'd never seen reality look like an impressionist painting.


Palette Town, Odaiba, Japan

Palette Town is an amusement/shopping park just outside of Toyko of all places.  It was very startling to see this beautiful piece of nature after being surounded by the concrete giants of Tokyo.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think.


2 comments:

C... said...

I often theorized that impressionist painters painted what they saw because maybe they needed glasses and that's just the way the world looked to them. Blurry.

WobiSobi said...

Impressionistic art is my favorite.. Wow this is so beautiful and so much like Monet would paint..

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...