These little foot covers are meant to keep your joints warm and cozy but still give you room to grip your yoga mat while stretching out into all your crazy yoga poses.
Here's what you need to make your own Yoga Socks in no time flat.
-stretchy material like T-knit or fleece
-standard sewing kit
-optional: if your fabric isn't stretchy enough just add some elastic to this list
1) You'll need to take a couple of quick and easy measurements before you get started. First of all, measure from the bottoms of your toes up to where you want your socks to end on your leg.
2) Now measure around your leg where you want your socks to end.
3) Using these two measurements cut 2 pieces of fabric into a square as shown below.
4) With right sides together, fold the fabric into two long rectangles.
6) Turn right side out. Slip the tube onto your foot and mark approximately where your heel hits the seam allowance (place the seam allowance along the bottom of your foot and back of your leg).
Take the tube off and the cut across half of your tube so that you have a slit in the back.
That's it! You're done!
Now, when I have more time and I redo this project I will most likely finish my cut edges with a seam and maybe cut my rectangles so that they curve in a bit at the ends so they fit a little more snugly.
Also, if you find that your socks are slouching down on you, just make a small casing at the top of the top and thread in some elastic to keep them in place.
Are you a yoga master? To be honest I'm more of a pilates girl myself but I know these will still come in handy while I'm doing my hundreds.
PS....don't forget to enter the giveaway going on RIGHT NOW! (Closing October 21, 2014)