Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a difference a hem makes!

Who do you picture wearing this dress?



Maybe she wears a short string of pearls and some sensible shoes?  Carries a classic handbag with her hankie and some clear nail polish, just in case her nylons get a run in them???


It's not a bad little dress actually.  It has some nice details like pleating and cute little puffy sleeves.  But something's just not quite right.

Oh yeah, it needs about 7 inches cut off the bottom!

Vintage Navy Dress, Deconstructed Clothing, Refashion, Restyle, Anthropologie Style

There, that's better.

 Big thanks to my friend Gen who did her spring wardrobe purge and donated this dress to Tamara's crafting experiments fund.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think.  Still too fuddy duddy or does less fabric equal a cute anthropolgie-esque feel?

PS...if anyone out there is curious about the great Dresser Knob Debate, the pink knobs clearly won out.  Which makes me happy because they were my first choice too!


19 comments:

Jan said...

What a difference! Great styling Tamara. You are rocking that dress.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I can't believe what a difference that made. Now it looks great.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

wowzas, SO much better!!!

AsylumTanya said...

Have you been over to New Dress A Day? You could get some other awesome ideas on how to upcycle outfits! Here is a link http://www.newdressaday.com/

KendasCrafts said...

Wow! What a difference! The belt and the shorter hemline definitly make it modern. Nice job!

WobiSobi said...

OOOOO look at you sexy!! LOVE the dress.

Delilah said...

That is so cute! yes..the length makes a huge difference. I bet your friend Gen wants her dress back lol!

Unknown said...

So cute!! I think the hem and belt help a ton!! Great job.

Unknown said...

So cute!! I think the hem and belt help a ton!! Great job.

The Mommy Therapy said...

That dress is adorable! I can't believe hemming and that fantastic belt made such a huge difference. What fun to be able to do changes like that to clothes.

Love it!

Visiting from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Link Up!

Rita said...

So cute! The belt brings it to a whole new time era. http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

Very cute dress!

Krista said...

Wow is about all I can say. So cute now!

LaVonne said...

I love the dress redo. I am always looking for vintage dresses at the thrift store. Great job!

Enjoy your Sunday!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Paula@SweetPea said...

What a difference making it shorter and adding a cute belt makes. You totally modernized this!

I'm visiting from Serenity Now.

Anonymous said...

Extremely cute!

Alison Agnew said...

what vision you have! i would never in a million years have picked up this granny dress and rehabbed it like you did...well done...i so love a good fashion reno story...and hey, don't knock the hankies...i carry a vintage square in every bag for those little nose emergencies! thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

alison
stuff and nonsense

Natalia Lynn said...

I love it! Super cute and I like it the way you have it! I am stopping by from my girlish whims!

mia said...

It's 1000% better! LOVE!
Mia

meandjilly.blogspot.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...