Friday, November 14, 2014

10 Minute Bolster Cushion

I've been very busy this week, doing what I'm not really sure, but busy nevertheless.  So you know what that means....time for a quickie craft!




If you want to update your cushions just for the holidays this is the fastest way to do it~

Here's what you need:

Materials:
-an old (and ugly) bolster cushion or a plain uncovered pillow form
-small fringed rug (from the dollar store)
-heavy duty upholstery thread, large needle, scissors

Steps:
1) Make sure that your little rug will wrap around your bolster, overlapping, and has some overhang at each end.  Simply wrap it around your cushion.


2) Scrunch up the end, there is no method to this, just scrunch it up so that you can't see the end of the cushion inside.  Then just hand stitch with heavy duty thread.  My thread doesn't even match and it still worked just fine~


Repeat on the other end.

Tah dah! You are done!  In the time it took you to read this tutorial you could be half-way finished.


I've actually been looking for a cute multi-coloured rug to use for this project for months, but this is the closest thing I've found so I went for it.  If you grow tired of the look or just happen to be in need of a little rug in the future you can easily snip the hand stitches and reuse both the cushion and the rug.

I'm off to start my Christmas crafting for the weekend!  Have you started yet?  Leave a comment below~

3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That's clever. I like that you left the fringe on it. :-)

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks turned out great. I'm really loving the fringe.

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

I meant to say "that" turned out great. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain. lol. Your cushion really is awesome.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...