So, even though today's project is one of those ones that's so easy peasy it doesn't even need a tutorial, I'm going to show it to you anyway, because it's what I made this week, and because I'm adding some glitter. So hopefully, you like it.
Here's what I used:
|Plus some spray Glitter!|
How could I forget the glitter?!?!?
1) If you're using two colours of tissue paper sandwich 5 layers together, alternating colours.
2) Using an accordion fold, fold the paper up lengthwise in about 1" pieces
3) Using some thread or string, tie a knot in the middle of the paper strip
4) Use your scissors to round off the ends
5) Very gently begin to unfold the paper
6) Now even more gently (or the paper will tear) unfold each of the layers, bringing them towards the centre
7) Do the same to the other side and you should end up with something like this
8) Give it a little scrunch in the back to make it more full in the front
9) I can't believe I almost forgot to do this, but here's where you get to bring out your spray glitter. If you're a scrapbooker maybe you have glimmer mist, you could give that a try too. I'm using some strange sparkly body mist stuff I foolishly bought last Christmas. I don't know what I was thinking. I've never worn it, you know why....because it smells an awful lot like mosquito repellent.
|I must've been hypnotized by|
the sparkles floating around.
It's a bit hard for the camera to pick up, but these flowers are super sparkly now! (And a bit sexy and smelly, hopefully that will wear off over night)
I was originally going to make some flowers with this cheapo organza roll of fabric from the dollar store, but I wasn't crazy about how the first one turned out so I switched to tissue paper.
So, what are all these for??? Make sure to come back on Show and Tell Wednesday and I'll show you the rest of the room!
Have a great week everyone.
Make sure to add your button on the Follow my Friends tab if you're a follower.
And don't forget to check out the sale at Etcetorize the Etsy shop...25% off everything in stock!
You make it look so easy to make those gorgeous paper flowers! And I could really see the shimmer when I enlarged the pics, too! Thanks for sharing!
Hope you are having a great weekend! Happy PS!
Big TX Hugs,
These are so soft and beautiful looking ! I need to make some of these and just hang them around my room.
Delicate and beutiful detail.
Beautiful! I love making tissue paper pom poms, but I've never thought to add glitter.
Love the glitter on the flowers! Yes I do love all things glittery!!
amber @ barbwired
These are so pretty! I'd love for you to share it at my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party at www.laughloveandcraft.com
This is so pretty! Good idea with the glitter :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!
Paper flowers win hands down over the artificial varieties at craft stores...
Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week!
i have made paper flowers for a wedding. 200 of them. i find that if you use either 7 or 9 sheets and cut the ends a bit deeper you get a fuller fluffier flower thats much more dramatic. but i like the glitter spray idea but i was afraid that the glitter spray would make the flowers too wet. but i shall give it a try. im using white tissue to make flowers for my christmas garland. thank you for posting!
Post a Comment